Scorpions Stadium Plans – Updated with Less PhasesMichael Macias on 1 June 2012 in Crocketteers.com, Expansion, Gordon Hartman, Major League Soccer, NASL, San Antonio, San Antonio Scorpions, Scorpions Community Stadium, Scorpions FC, Stadium, STAR Soccer Complex
The San Antonio Scorpions have unveiled their latest renderings for Scorpions Stadium.
Key changes to plan:
- Total expansion plan is now a four phase project. See older 5 phase plan renderings here.
- Final capacity has increased to 18,500 seats.
- A new building (Team Shop? Lockers?) are added in Phase III.
- Morgan’s Wonderland Logos at stadium corners will remain in all phases.
- Final Phase (IV) maintains a more balanced horse-shoe design, keeping the fans closer to the pitch unlike prior Phase V design.
- Earliest Phase II would be complete would be sometime during the 2014 season. (If 2013 attendance justifies the expansion).
We are moving forward with the construction of the stadium and you will soon see many of the large three story towers reaching out from the site. Also, we have already started on the architectural plans for phase 2 of the stadium. Phase 2 will allow up to 9,000 seats along with additional restrooms and concession facilities. The plans will be completed and ready for construction after the end of the 2013 season. Therefore, if consistent fan attendance during the 2013 season justifies moving forward with immediate expansion we will do so in an effort to have construction 100% complete for the 2014 season. – SanAntonioScorpions.com
Click Images Below for High Res Versions:
3 Comments to Scorpions Stadium Plans – Updated with Less Phases
Leave a comment
Mid-term Report Card
21 May 2013
Gameday Preparation: Scorpions vs Fort Lauderdale Strikers Spring 2013
18 May 2013
Crocketteers New Adopt-A-Highway Contributor
16 May 2013
Gameday Preparation: Carolina Railhawks vs Scorpions Spring 2013
11 May 2013
Gameday Preparation: Scorpions vs Atlanta Silverbacks Spring 2013
4 May 2013