Scorpions Stadium Plans – Updated with Less PhasesMichael Macias on 1 June 2012 in Crocketteers.com, Expansion, Gordon Hartman, Major League Soccer, NASL, San Antonio, San Antonio Scorpions, Scorpions Community Stadium, Scorpions FC, Stadium, STAR Soccer Complex
The San Antonio Scorpions have unveiled their latest renderings for Scorpions Stadium.
Key changes to plan:
- Total expansion plan is now a four phase project. See older 5 phase plan renderings here.
- Final capacity has increased to 18,500 seats.
- A new building (Team Shop? Lockers?) are added in Phase III.
- Morgan’s Wonderland Logos at stadium corners will remain in all phases.
- Final Phase (IV) maintains a more balanced horse-shoe design, keeping the fans closer to the pitch unlike prior Phase V design.
- Earliest Phase II would be complete would be sometime during the 2014 season. (If 2013 attendance justifies the expansion).
We are moving forward with the construction of the stadium and you will soon see many of the large three story towers reaching out from the site. Also, we have already started on the architectural plans for phase 2 of the stadium. Phase 2 will allow up to 9,000 seats along with additional restrooms and concession facilities. The plans will be completed and ready for construction after the end of the 2013 season. Therefore, if consistent fan attendance during the 2013 season justifies moving forward with immediate expansion we will do so in an effort to have construction 100% complete for the 2014 season. – SanAntonioScorpions.com
Click Images Below for High Res Versions:
3 Comments to Scorpions Stadium Plans – Updated with Less Phases
Leave a comment
#MLSReady – Bring MLS to San Antonio
Major League Soccer is expanding and with only 3 spots remaining, San Antonio is ready. But we need your support.
USA vs. Mexico should be an eye opener for San Antonio leaders
16 April 2015
Hill Country Derby Game Preview
13 March 2015
The Tailgate of the Decade 4/15/15 Come be a part of it!
8 March 2015
USA MNT vs Mexico @ Alamodome
16 January 2015
Gordon Hartman’s letter to the Crocketteers
17 November 2014