Crocketteers Forum
September 18, 2014, 11:41:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Crocketteers Forum!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: APARTMENT RENTAL  (Read 1690 times)
Soccerman
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« on: February 02, 2010, 11:27:02 PM »

I was wondering..........what if we combine 20 to 30 highly-committed members to pay rent and maintain a one-bedroom apartment unit in a central location that will serve as both group headquarters as well as get-togethers for watching live soccer games?
Danilo-11
Crocketteer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 07:41:50 PM »

It'd be pointless,
we would use it no more than once a week.

It'd be cheaper to rent a soccer field for everybody to play every weekend and would do more for the group (attract other fans)

Eto'o: "Madrid, c......n, saluda al campeón"
Soccerman
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 01:18:27 PM »

Actually, it would be about 3 times a week, almost half of the month. Once on a selected weekday night, for the official weekly group meeting. And each Saturday and Sunday afternoon, for watching MLS and International soccer available on GolTV, ESPN, FOX and the Spanish networks.

If we combine 30 paid (VIP) members, we can pay $750 for a 50" LCD TV by Sanyo at only $25 each (one-time only). And it would last for years of WC's, MLS Cups, Champions Leagues, etc. The monthly rent of about $450 could be paid by all 30 VIP's with a monthly payment of only $15 each, less than some of them already spend on cigarettes or Texas Lotto.

I will be more than glad to start a survey on members interest in this proposal........Michael?
Danilo-11
Crocketteer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 10:19:47 PM »

If the Crocketteers were a big organization and had a soccer team... I'd say that it is a great idea.

I'd tell you what would be better for a small group like the Crocketteers, because it is small.
To work out a deal with a restaurant that already has a big screen TV to become "The official Crocketteers restaurant"
In other words, we help them by taking a big group to their restaurant and they help us by giving all Crocketeers members beer at 1/2 price.

Why do it that way?
Your idea would be to difficult and complex, for a small organization it has to be simple.
My idea is better because it would offer prospect fans (1) A place to watch games with other soccer fans (2) If they join the Crocketteers, they'd get beers for 50% off (3) That deal would help the Crocketteers grow even faster.

Soccerman
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 12:02:48 AM »

If the Crocketteers were a big organization and had a soccer team... I'd say that it is a great idea.

I'd tell you what would be better for a small group like the Crocketteers, because it is small.
To work out a deal with a restaurant that already has a big screen TV to become "The official Crocketteers restaurant"
In other words, we help them by taking a big group to their restaurant and they help us by giving all Crocketeers members beer at 1/2 price.

Why do it that way?
Your idea would be to difficult and complex, for a small organization it has to be simple.
My idea is better because it would offer prospect fans (1) A place to watch games with other soccer fans (2) If they join the Crocketteers, they'd get beers for 50% off (3) That deal would help the Crocketteers grow even faster.

About (1), Same thing would happen when employing my idea
About (2), Even at 50% off at Lion & Rose you are still paying 200% per each once of beer than grabbing the very same booze at any HEB to bring to the apartment
About (3), Only this point is valid when comparing the 2 options

About this "idea would be too difficult and complex". How can it get more simple than:

"Each VIP will have monthly dues of $40 only the first month, and $15 per month thereafter"

If this is too difficult and complex, then so is first-grade work at elementary schools  Grin
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 09:05:53 AM »

By going to restaraunt we open the door for new members to join.

People who don't know about us will not go to a strange apartment to see what we are all about. It might come off more like a cult. Smiley Plus I dont know if we can use an apartment legally if its not a residence. Will neighbors complain?

We can do a poll but it is better served asking at a meeting. People who attend meetings are more likely to meet up for games.

Victory or Death
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 09:08:47 AM »

We don't collect dues (yet?)... IF we do the money would be better spent towards growing the group rather than paying for a small apartment where only a few members will see the benefit.

Our goals are to support a SA Professional soccer franchise. We can watch other non SA soccer at Lion. Other supporters groups have their official pub of choice.

Gerone this is just my opinion. Let's keep the discussion open for other members to chime in.

Thanks.

Victory or Death
audrey
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 09:48:03 AM »

I really appreciate the novelty of the idea!  It would never have occurred to me at all, but I think it is great that you are thinking outside the box to come up with ways to get us together.  I must admit that I laughed when Michael mentioned that people might view us as a cult!!  I think my non soccer friends think that anyway. Smiley  But his point is well taken in that it doesn't really allow for the growth that we hope to see as a group.  Great idea though. 

It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities - JK Rowling
Soccerman
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 01:59:17 PM »

I must make myself clear.

I do not propose this as a way to grow in members........for this it totally sucks.

I propose this as a perk for only those who are most involved AND can afford it.

DARK Chicharito
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 02:51:24 PM »

Let's rent a Field and play....I want to play fut booooooooooooooooooool!!!

Dark Chicharito, Let the force be with you...and the Red Devils.
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 08:56:03 AM »

I do not propose this as a way to grow in members........for this it totally sucks.

I propose this as a perk for only those who are most involved AND can afford it.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Victory or Death
Danilo-11
Crocketteer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 06:57:05 PM »

It goes back to what I always say:
"What the next step for the Crocketteers?"

Is it finding ways to grow in numbers by giving soccer fans something to be excited about when they know they are going to be with "The Crocketteers"?
Or is it settling with the existing number of members and spending X amount of money to have a cool place to hang out?

Soccerman
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 02:58:27 PM »

It goes back to what I always say:
"What the next step for the Crocketteers?"

Is it finding ways to grow in numbers by giving soccer fans something to be excited about when they know they are going to be with "The Crocketteers"?
Or is it settling with the existing number of members and spending X amount of money to have a cool place to hang out?

I might as well take this project of mine outside of this organization to a place where it may have a more positive reception...
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 03:16:37 PM »

I'll admit this is one unique idea however I'm not going to leave my wife and kid at home to go to the "Crocketteers Apartment" to watch a game.  I'd rather stay at home in the comfort of my own domain to watch a game.

That is just my opinion.

I want the group to grow as many of us do and Danilo brings up a good point. I wouldn't have met Danilo, hands, jhope, audrey, etc. at some strange apartment. Rather I met them at a Get Together/watch party at the local soccer pub. Just as we are having our upcoming meeting at the pub, I'd expect the opportunity for outsiders to notice us and join.

I also feel there are other complications for such an idea. An apartment is a residence, not a group hangout. We will be kicked out of any complex. Someone's name has to be on the lease and any damanges assesed at the end of the lease are that person's responsibility. Neighbors will notice that such a setup is not normal and will complain. Hell, I would complain if I lived next door to a clubhouse.

Legally we will be unsafe as leasing agreements are explicit about the use of an apartment.

I would say good luck if you are serious about taking this "project outside of this organization" as I can't see much positive reception coming out of this.

The only positive thing I can say about your idea is that it is unique but not feasible nor would I give my personal money to such a project.

We can barely get a handful of people to discuss your idea much less get 20-30 people to pay monthly payments on an apartment. Let's face reality.

Again that is just my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 03:19:23 PM by Mike Macias » Logged

Victory or Death
DrChex
Crocketteer
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 04:59:13 PM »

Doesn't honestly seem feasible to me. I myself am more interested in going to a bar/pub to watch a game. grab some brews. meet some people. mingle. non-exclusive.

I think it plays back on the size of our group. How many members are we getting at our monthly meetings? 20 - 40 roughly. Of those 20-40, how many have made every meeting?

Looking down the road, i like the concept of having an offical bar hangout vs an offical 'home' hangout. even if we had a lot of numbers, do you ever stop growing?

I recall spending time in Austin watching an Aztex game. We were invited to hangout with Chantico's Army at the offical Aztex bar/grill, Cuatro's. Cuatro's was a great hangout. The team and the bar/grill had a great relationship. This is something i think to be considered. This kind of exposure is what attracts new members, even if you're not a soccer fan. This is what would be good for the crocketteers.

- DrChex
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: