Crocketteers Forum
July 24, 2014, 12:17:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Crocketteers Forum!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MYSA City Brights Blogs - How do we become the Soccer Blog for their site??  (Read 1948 times)
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 09, 2010, 09:56:53 AM »

http://www.mysanantonio.com/blogs/voices

They don't have a soccer blog. Could we possibly sindicate our blog on theirs.

Should we contact the sports editors that we do know at the Express-News to make this happen?

We could reach out to a greater audience.

Thoughts?

Victory or Death
Aussie
Crocketteer

thewhitlamsrock@gmail.com chrisomni
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 07:20:43 PM »

That would be the thing to do, contact them letting them know there's a soccer blog here. If they don't want to syndicate it one of us could always be a soccer blogger for them.

Central Coast Mariners - 2008-09 A-League Premiers
Australia - 1980, 1996, 2000, 2004 OFC Champions
Rangers FC - Scottish Champion 53 times, world's most successful club
Danilo-11
Crocketteer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 07:06:24 PM »

If we are going to propose doing that,
try to be clear about what we plan on doing.

I would tell them, that the soccer blog is going to cover mainly San Antonio High School and college soccer, 2nd. Houston Dynamo, FC Dallas and Austin Aztex.
I would also tell them, that we would have a lot of information in relation to the upcoming 2010 World Cup (120 days left) by writing information about each group and each team.

Eto'o: "Madrid, c......n, saluda al campeón"
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 11:42:36 AM »

I would tell them, that the soccer blog is going to cover mainly San Antonio High School and college soccer, 2nd. Houston Dynamo, FC Dallas and Austin Aztex.
I would also tell them, that we would have a lot of information in relation to the upcoming 2010 World Cup (120 days left) by writing information about each group and each team.

I agree on being clear on our plans.

However, let's decide what the blog should cover. Who would be blogging? Multiple Crocketteers? If multiple, then we can focus on many areas as Danilo pointed out.

If it's just a few of us, it will be much work to focus on High School and even harder college. IT will be easy to cover USL/NASL/USSF and MLS. Maybe even international.

We should also cover SA pro soccer rumors as we do on this site or even straight up opinion on pro soccer in SA. Keeping that theme fresh will be key?

Let's discuss this a few days get some input before I go ahead and email Express News Sports editors who have even blogged on our site... see -> http://www.crocketteers.com/2009/10/06/world-cup-update-u-s-qualifier-at-honduras-only-on-closed-circuit-tv/

Victory or Death
Jakob
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 11:56:44 AM »

I agree on being clear on our plans.

However, let's decide what the blog should cover. Who would be blogging? Multiple Crocketteers? If multiple, then we can focus on many areas as Danilo pointed out.

If it's just a few of us, it will be much work to focus on High School and even harder college. IT will be easy to cover USL/NASL/USSF and MLS. Maybe even international.

We should also cover SA pro soccer rumors as we do on this site or even straight up opinion on pro soccer in SA. Keeping that theme fresh will be key?

Let's discuss this a few days get some input before I go ahead and email Express News Sports editors who have even blogged on our site... see -> http://www.crocketteers.com/2009/10/06/world-cup-update-u-s-qualifier-at-honduras-only-on-closed-circuit-tv/

I would be willing to try and cover one high school game each week or so. It would depend on my schedule, but I have no problem making an attempt. I cannot promise a lot of of consistency, but I can offer some. If it were me and 2 or 3 others we could cover at least 2 games a week I think.
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 12:18:49 PM »

Awesome! Danilo can you cover games in the Cibolo area?

Also is any team playing at Shertz Soccer Complex yet?

Victory or Death
Aussie
Crocketteer

thewhitlamsrock@gmail.com chrisomni
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 03:20:19 AM »

I'd be happy to blog more on the pro-side of things, at least for the moment I have a bit of time on my hands. Admittedly not much is happening on the pro-front in Texas right now, though Dynamo & FC Frisco are warming up, as are Austin.

Internationals are definitely easy to cover, you cover the USA games & the big ones (obviously the whole world cup would be in there) about a month out you can preview each of the sides competing in the World Cup. I've got some pretty decent experience with Asia to be able to do that, and obviously my knowledge of NZ is high given we pretty much faced them in every OFC final. The Americas are certainly not my place given the company here, and I don't really know much about Africa, I watched the ACON but still don't know the place that well.

Happy to do whatever if this did get off the ground.

Central Coast Mariners - 2008-09 A-League Premiers
Australia - 1980, 1996, 2000, 2004 OFC Champions
Rangers FC - Scottish Champion 53 times, world's most successful club
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 08:09:00 AM »

Ill approach the news/sports editor about this soon.

Victory or Death
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 12:47:34 PM »

I've put in an email to the Sports Editor. Let's see what response we may receive.

Victory or Death
Danilo-11
Crocketteer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 08:34:58 PM »

Awesome! Danilo can you cover games in the Cibolo area?

Also is any team playing at Shertz Soccer Complex yet?
I'll check on that

Eto'o: "Madrid, c......n, saluda al campeón"
Troutman
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 09:40:30 PM »

Depending on the reception we receive here from the sports editor, I suggest we talk to the people over at Jefferson United and see if someone there would be willing to cover the Jefferson games for us. In addition to ensuring that we had at least one of the local games covered consistently, it would help promote both groups and would help show potential members that we're a supporter of all soccer in San Antonio, regardless of what level it's being played at.
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 09:06:14 AM »

No response yet. I will email Tom Orsborn (who wrote last weekend's Alamo Stadium SS&E Soccer article) about this.

Victory or Death
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 09:34:30 AM »

It took a few weeks but we have our mysa.com blog http://voices.mysanantonio.com/crocketteers/

We were featured on the front page yesterday and have gained 5 new members since.

Anyone interested in submitting an entry for the blog should email me their entry at [email protected] and any supplemental pictures.

Victory or Death
rih43mar

TheodoraHufnagel8228@hotmail.com rih43mar rih43mar
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 02:11:25 AM »

Let them to create a soccer blog means we get an idea about their thoughts and ideas.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: