Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 3 Logo Designs  (Read 4966 times)
griffintard

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 08:52:44 AM »

Here's a logo someone posted on some article:

IDK if it was submitted but if it was and didn't get chosen then I'm pissed.

That one rocks. My fave, but guess it doesn't matter.
Never Forget
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 09:03:05 AM »

I know.  It's a bit of European mixed with some American and the shield is an outline of the Alamo which makes it so much better.  I haven't seen a shield better and it'd probably the best shield in NASL in my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 01:30:34 PM by Never Forget » Logged
galo

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 09:00:45 PM »

I would vote for the big shield for sure.  the one on the bottom left would look cool on shirts.
210United
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 12:55:42 AM »

these designs are a 1,000 times better than any of their choices. especially choice C which looks like a logo for a team of 5 year olds.   I went with choice B but whoever did the above.....awesome work.

Not sure it's gonna matter anyway unless they come up with 8 million in private funds. I don't see this team even getting off the ground.

save your good ideas for the Spurs team.
Danilo-11
Crocketteer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 07:00:27 PM »

The one on the bottom right that just says "SA" inside the shield it's excellent.
Just look at how similar that one is to this ones from Brazil.

Fluminense

Internacional Porto Alegre

Vitoria

Atletico Paranaense

Eto'o: "Madrid, c......n, saluda al campeón"
Never Forget
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 10:40:52 PM »

I found it on a website called:
http://www.sportslogos.net/

There's a lot of amateur designers who do great work.  Just look in the forum.  If the Spurs get a team maybe contact someone from the website lol
Daekor

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 12:39:23 AM »

I think they should toss out all the options for the logo contest and just go with this (now close your and relish this moment):

A scorpion riding an american bald eagle amidst a sunset whilst an American flag waves in the wind in the background. Then in the corner is Benjamin Franklin and George Washington in Scorpions jerseys giving hi-fives to American icon Fit-ty Cent (aka Half Dollar) while eating the candy bar 100 Grand. Then make it a hologram than when bent in the light Joe Dimaggio and Michael Jordan are passing a soccer ball to each other while singing the national anthem. Now you might think, how are Joe Dimaggio and Michael Jordan going to sing the national anthem on our new scorpions logo? The one American cure-all to every sports dilemma facing an american soccer legacy franchising during its birthing process -- corporate sponsorship. Then, as a giant cherry on top Justin Bieber will carry the teams flag at games when thousands of rowdy tween girls chase him across the team stadium while every other fan releases white doves in the name of peace.

Now when people see our new logo they will think, the San Antonio Scorpions have arrived.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 12:41:18 AM by Daekor » Logged
Never Forget
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 12:02:40 PM »

I think they should toss out all the options for the logo contest and just go with this (now close your and relish this moment):

A scorpion riding an american bald eagle amidst a sunset whilst an American flag waves in the wind in the background. Then in the corner is Benjamin Franklin and George Washington in Scorpions jerseys giving hi-fives to American icon Fit-ty Cent (aka Half Dollar) while eating the candy bar 100 Grand. Then make it a hologram than when bent in the light Joe Dimaggio and Michael Jordan are passing a soccer ball to each other while singing the national anthem. Now you might think, how are Joe Dimaggio and Michael Jordan going to sing the national anthem on our new scorpions logo? The one American cure-all to every sports dilemma facing an american soccer legacy franchising during its birthing process -- corporate sponsorship. Then, as a giant cherry on top Justin Bieber will carry the teams flag at games when thousands of rowdy tween girls chase him across the team stadium while every other fan releases white doves in the name of peace.

Now when people see our new logo they will think, the San Antonio Scorpions have arrived.
I haven't laughed that hard in awhile.
Someone with photoshop skills, try to make that design NOW!
Danilo-11
Crocketteer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 05:49:09 PM »

This is the closest I could find to what you want

Eto'o: "Madrid, c......n, saluda al campeón"
Chuckers

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2011, 04:22:54 PM »

I don't like any of the three but the first choice is the least repulsive so I logged in and voted.  All three look like clip art from Eastbay.

I just get the sinking feeling it is irrelevant because the chances of the team ever hitting the pitch keep dropping. 

Sometimes I'd like to go back and kick ex-Mayor Hardberger right in the jewels.

Semper Fi
Never Forget
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 05:35:01 PM »

I don't like any of the three but the first choice is the least repulsive so I logged in and voted.  All three look like clip art from Eastbay.

I just get the sinking feeling it is irrelevant because the chances of the team ever hitting the pitch keep dropping. 

Sometimes I'd like to go back and kick ex-Mayor Hardberger right in the jewels.

Sometimes.  I get that feeling on a daily basis
Chuckers

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 07:53:32 AM »

The vote is closed. 

Does anybody have the skinny on when they will announce the winner?  Or more importantly, how long before I can go to Academy and buy a Scorpions shirt/hat/bobblehead?

Semper Fi
Hands
Crocketteer
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 09:41:25 AM »

The vote is closed. 

Does anybody have the skinny on when they will announce the winner?  Or more importantly, how long before I can go to Academy and buy a Scorpions shirt/hat/bobblehead?

It'll be awhile on the shirt.  That's the next contest: design the uniform.  Hats may be sooner.

Bobbleheads?  Of whom?  They don't have any players yet.

"Misguided Passion"
jhope
Crocketteer/Moderator
Global Moderator

jhopehope
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 05:27:06 PM »

I too am waiting for the Gordon Hartman/Jose Lizardo Bobble head.  Already have my Dave Force one on my desk.  Tongue 

futbol in our lives is played in our hearts.
Never Forget
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 12:19:02 PM »

When will they announce that the winner is C  Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

//wibiya