Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 3 Logo Designs  (Read 4948 times)
Never Forget
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« on: February 15, 2011, 12:12:17 AM »

They're online now here:
http://www.sanantonioscorpions.com/Logo-Ballot.html

Never Forget
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 12:16:21 AM »

The first one I like everything except for the scorpion and the soccer ball. It'd be nice to have a better looking scorpion with an old time ball [sort of like the one in the Crocketteers badge]

The second one isn't bad at all. Although I look at this like there's a hole in the shield and the tail is poking through it and around the back of the shield  Tongue Joking aside this is my clear choice and I wouldn't have a problem with this being the shield of the team.

The third one I don't like at all. Looks like it's for a kid's team.  Just....no.

Sorry if I offended anyone who submitted one of the logo's listed.  Just my opinions.

And for some reason every time I try to insert the captcha at the bottom of the page so that I can vote, it says it's wrong no matter what I type in. I've tried CAPS and spacing and lower case. I give up on voting.  It's whatever though.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 12:19:58 AM by Never Forget » Logged
DARK Chicharito
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 08:18:55 AM »

NEVER FORGET is right, the first one is more European, and it will look a 1000 times better with an old ball.  The second one is good, but too modern i think, and the third one, well...they can use it for the U-17 players.

All 3 are cool, but i will vote for the first one, with an old ball.

Dark Chicharito, Let the force be with you...and the Red Devils.
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 09:14:35 AM »

#1 for me

Victory or Death
Daekor

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 09:43:39 AM »

I voted for choice "B" but I saw several designs on the Scorpions facebook page that looked much better than the three official choices. While choice "C" is a good design, it's not appropriate for pro-team in NASL. Choice "A", the scorpion looks like it's dead and now on display as a science project but I do like the shield design. Choice "B" is marginally better than "A" while the scorpion looks much better, the shield is much more conservative. I hope there will be good colors to the team and that the team chooses the colors with no voting on the issue.

I just find it strange that the Crocketteers have a better name and design and colors and they are a supporters group. The great design made by the Crocketteers and inventive colors are part of what got me initially so excited. It's unfortunate that the people at the Scorpions haven't done better to sell their team better. While I was optimistic about the name and logo submissions. I think maybe these things should just be left to the professionals and be released when the design is complete. It just feels like getting served a meal without the right ingredients.
Never Forget
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 10:36:56 AM »

Different scorpion and ball and #1 is a clear choice for me. Also I think the stroke on the scorpion should be a lot less [if you don't know what I'm talking about, stroke is the color the outlines the image.  In this case, the scorpion is outline in white and it's very thick.

#1's shield is excellent too.  Forgot to mention that and I like how A and B both have a star!  If the ball and scorpion are fixed I won't have a problem with it and I'm happy with #2 as well.  #3 should just be taken off of here lol
Danilo-11
Crocketteer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 12:39:20 PM »

#1, I would remove the scorpion (it already says Scorpions) and place the ball there.

Let's pray ... I'm serious about this, that #1 & #2 don't split the votes and we end up with #3.  Shocked

Eto'o: "Madrid, c......n, saluda al campeón"
Daekor

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 02:00:02 PM »

#1, I would remove the scorpion (it already says Scorpions) and place the ball there.

Let's pray ... I'm serious about this, that #1 & #2 don't split the votes and we end up with #3.  Shocked

It's unavoidable now, we're going to have a scorpion in the logo.

I would choose choice "A" if it didn't have a scorpion in it. Simple is better.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 02:01:58 PM by Daekor » Logged
HailtotheKing
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 02:01:25 PM »

Horribly disappointed at the choices for the top 3 designs.

Just as with the name, it's clear they had a predetermined "feel/look" they wanted.

That said, 1 is the only one that won't make think it's a joke when I see it on merchandise/etc
Never Forget
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »

Now the contest did say that they may ask the designer to change some minor details in it.  Maybe they could revamp the scorpion in one or have them take out the words scorpions on it and put San Antonio instead.  Hailtotheking- How do you think #2 looks like it would be a joke on merchandise.  I can see that and #2 as the logo. 

Do you think the Spurs are reading this board saying "We can name the team this and they'll love us." Or "When we design the logo, we should use an old ball." LOL
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 04:44:47 PM »

The first two logos feature the scorpion committing an obvious "hand ball" violation.

Victory or Death
Danilo-11
Crocketteer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 04:57:56 PM »

The first two logos feature the scorpion committing an obvious "hand ball" violation.
Goalies are the only ones that have a big tail  Grin

Eto'o: "Madrid, c......n, saluda al campeón"
Never Forget
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 05:12:04 PM »

Scorpions are allowed to use their hands
Rene Higuita and the Scorpion kick (The video's owner prevents external embedding)
Never Forget
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 06:11:22 PM »

Here's a logo someone posted on some article:

IDK if it was submitted but if it was and didn't get chosen then I'm pissed.
audrey
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 09:47:59 PM »

I really like #1 except that I agree with Daekor about the dead scorpion.  I have seen a lot of scorpions in my house, and the only time their tails are flat like that are when they have been poisoned and died before being stepped on by me!

It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities - JK Rowling
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

//wibiya