Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The NASL reborn  (Read 5159 times)
DrSoccer
Crocketteer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 09:35:24 AM »

Oh my! Now that's a heavy load to carry and the weight on my shoulders intense.  I thank you for your vote of confidence and support.  With lots of hard work, and the emerging Crocketteers on our side who will deliver a loud voice to the world, anything is possible for those who have faith, real faith.

God knows I love this game FOOTBALL. FUTBOL. SOCCER.  Grin
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2009, 10:04:24 AM »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                                 NOVEMBER 30, 2009

ROCHESTER RHINOS JOIN NEW NASL

(Rochester, NY)… The Rochester Rhinos today announced they have officially joined the North American Soccer League (NASL).

“We evaluated the situation very carefully and decided that the best decision for the future of the Rhinos and soccer in Rochester was for us to join the new NASL,” said Rhinos CEO Rob Clark. “Soccer is maturing before our very eyes.  We are joining a family of team owners who are committed to investing in our league and their teams to further the development of players and support the future growth of the sport in North America.  The NASL is a new beginning for soccer in Rochester.”

The addition of Rochester brings the NASL to ten teams, including the Atlanta Silverbacks, Carolina RailHawks, Crystal Palace Baltimore, Miami FC Blues, Minnesota Thunder, Montreal Impact, St. Louis United, Tampa Bay Rowdies and Vancouver Whitecaps.

“I’m looking forward to working with my fellow owners in the coming weeks to hire a Commissioner, create a 2010 schedule and finalize league marketing initiatives,” concluded Clark.

The NASL has applied for USSF Division II status and expects to start its first season as a Division II professional soccer league in April 2010.

http://www.rhinossoccer.com/news.php?id=1233

Victory or Death
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2009, 10:05:06 AM »

Does NASL have more teams than USL-1 now? 10 teams (NASL) > 5 teams (USL-1)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 10:18:08 AM by Mike Macias » Logged

Victory or Death
DBrum83
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 05:39:03 PM »

the USL needs to drop all its teams to a 3rd division league. that way they can rebuild there 2nd division or just remain a 3rd division and pdl.
DBrum83
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 05:41:55 PM »

I would be good for both teams. San Antonio and Austin as the 11th and 12th Team.
antnee7898

Vamos Naranja!!!

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »

YES

Looking Forward to Houston Vs FC San Antonio
Aussie
Crocketteer

thewhitlamsrock@gmail.com chrisomni
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 06:36:12 AM »

I would be good for both teams. San Antonio and Austin as the 11th and 12th Team.

Not to mention the league, would be a GREAT derby!

Central Coast Mariners - 2008-09 A-League Premiers
Australia - 1980, 1996, 2000, 2004 OFC Champions
Rangers FC - Scottish Champion 53 times, world's most successful club
Aussie
Crocketteer

thewhitlamsrock@gmail.com chrisomni
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 06:37:54 AM »

the USL needs to drop all its teams to a 3rd division league. that way they can rebuild there 2nd division or just remain a 3rd division and pdl.

That's probably what will happen, it won't make those who haven't jumped ship happy, a demotion they don't deserve.

Central Coast Mariners - 2008-09 A-League Premiers
Australia - 1980, 1996, 2000, 2004 OFC Champions
Rangers FC - Scottish Champion 53 times, world's most successful club
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 09:10:37 AM »

I think it be great to have SA and Austin both in NASL. I'm keeping a close eye on Austin.

Victory or Death
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 09:35:09 AM »

Aztex fans (Chantico's Army) discussing NASL-> http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1138732&page=14

Victory or Death
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 01:55:58 PM »

Edmonton in NASL 2011....

http://www.canada.com/sports/Edmonton+lined+soccer+franchise/2289284/story.html

Professional soccer is expected to venture into Edmonton in the spring of 2011.

An announcement likely will be made some time this week that a local franchise will replace the Vancouver Whitecaps in a revived North American Soccer League.

The team, expected to take on the name of the former North American Professional Soccer League's Drillers, will replace the Whitecaps, who will join the new venture in 2010 but will shift the following year to the top-tier Major League Soccer, which includes the likes of Toronto FC.

Edmonton is expected to join forces with sides from Baltimore, Carolina, St. Louis, Atlanta, Miami and Tampa Bay in a new second-tier NASL.

The original NASL operated from 1967 through 1984. The Drillers were in the NASL from 1979-82.

Mel Kowalchuk, who was behind a friendly match between Everton of the English Premier League and Argentina's River Plate in Edmonton this past summer that drew less than 16,000 fans, is believed to be a key member of the organization's front office, likely as general manager.

Victory or Death
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 09:37:03 AM »

Scratch another USL-1 team out.... http://internationalsoccernetwork.com/blog/?p=478

We have received information from multiple sources that the Cleveland City Stars have ceased operations and will not return to play professional soccer. This comes as quite a shock as positive news was heard yesterday.  There are lot of unanswered questions at this point, but it is safe to say that this is disappointing news for players, staff, and obviously supporters.

An official announcement from the City Stars organization is expected early next week.  We did not want to publish this information early, but thought it should be handled by a “soccer friendly” media outlet.

http://www.insidemnsoccer.com/2009/12/02/cleveland-city-stars-release-players-from-contracts/

Our acceptance of the USL’s termination of CCS means that all players are free of contractual obligation to our club.  Truth be told, this situation is not currently the exception to the rule.  Given the current turmoil amongst those who desire to operate the 1st division league in the US, every former USL-1 club finds itself in a similar situation to Cleveland City Stars.  No team is outside of the current turmoil and uncertainty.

so 4 USL-1 teams... including our future foes Austin Aztex
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 09:44:24 AM by Mike Macias » Logged

Victory or Death
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 10:54:22 AM »

Two More Gone, Who's Left Standing

Victory or Death
Danilo-11
Crocketteer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 12:49:18 PM »

Come on Dr. Soccer, make something happen  

Tell them that the NASL can't exist without the "San Antonio Thunders"  Grin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Thunder

Eto'o: "Madrid, c......n, saluda al campeón"
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2009, 10:20:39 AM »

BigSoccer started a NASL forum... stating USL, NASL, USSF to meet this weekend.

I posted this on the board:

Hope to see San Antonio in NASL.

San Antonio Thunder, San Antonio Pumas.... old names revived?

San Antonio Defenders (of the Alamo)

San Antonio Strikers

SASC (San Antonio Soccer Club)

SCSA (Soccer Club - San Antonio)

Alamo City FC (Nickname "City")

Personally I like Defenders and Alamo City FC.

Victory or Death
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

//wibiya