Crocketteers Forum
September 01, 2014, 02:59:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Crocketteers Forum!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The NASL reborn  (Read 4733 times)
DBrum83
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« on: November 27, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »

the TOA has announced that they will call themselves the NASL.
Danilo-11
Crocketteer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 04:34:18 PM »

Any other news?
I keep on wondering how much better this new "NASL" is going to be and if it might become something like the ABA was to the NBA and then they  end up merging.

I really hope that they have a good plan on how they are going to do it that will help soccer grow in the US.

Eto'o: "Madrid, c......n, saluda al campeón"
DrSoccer
Crocketteer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 04:50:28 PM »

Have been in discussions with ownership and legal counsel. Stay tuned.....
DBrum83
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 07:44:41 PM »

i hope san antonio is one of the cities in the talks of joining the league.
they said they will have at least 10 teams.
i dont think San Antonio will be the 20th team in the MLS, so the USL and the NASL are our top choices.
The likeliness is the USL will be in a rebuilding stage with a bunch of there teams leaving and the NASL is building its League, So the possibilities are very good of getting a team real soon.
Hands
Crocketteer
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 11:24:50 AM »

Have been in discussions with ownership and legal counsel. Stay tuned.....

oooooo .... sounds intriguing.   Smiley

"Misguided Passion"
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 11:26:32 AM »

No chance SA is even considered for 20th slot in the MLS. I'm staying tuned to DrSoccer. :-)

Victory or Death
eovergara

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 07:47:53 PM »

Hey yall i been wandering what do yall think of putting a team in the mexican second division, if it was possible? currently the league has 17 teams and are looking to expand to 18. if canada can join a us league why not a us team join a mexican league? Swansea AFC out of wales does the same playing in englands championship and wales has a soccer league. any opinions? do yall think there could be some chance?
Aussie
Crocketteer

thewhitlamsrock@gmail.com chrisomni
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 08:17:33 PM »

Hey yall i been wandering what do yall think of putting a team in the mexican second division, if it was possible? currently the league has 17 teams and are looking to expand to 18. if canada can join a us league why not a us team join a mexican league? Swansea AFC out of wales does the same playing in englands championship and wales has a soccer league. any opinions? do yall think there could be some chance?

Happens a lot around the world actually. Vaduz of Leichtenstein play in Switzerland, Wellington Phoenix of New Zealand play in Australia (interesting because not only is it a different country but a different confederation) and Cardiff of Wales also play in England.

The issue is that they have to be approved by both federations, in the case of Wellington & Toronto they were both invited by the Australian & US federations.
I can't really see this happening with San Antonio, think about how big a disaster the original Houston Dynamo name was, then think about the fact that the Alamo is in San Antonio, I can't really see FMF allowing a San Antonio side into their league. Perhaps Laredo but not San Antonio.

Central Coast Mariners - 2008-09 A-League Premiers
Australia - 1980, 1996, 2000, 2004 OFC Champions
Rangers FC - Scottish Champion 53 times, world's most successful club
DARK Chicharito
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 04:50:26 PM »

Not even a chance that S.A. will play Div. II in Mexico, why? By Presidential decree teams have to start 8 or 9 Mexican players and only 2 or 3 foreigners.  Also, Div. II is not a very wealthy league, and they could not afford traveling from Yucatan all the way to S.A.   So, unless S.A. starts most of the team with Mexican players, it wont happen.

Dark Chicharito, Let the force be with you...and the Red Devils.
antnee7898

Vamos Naranja!!!

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 10:28:00 PM »

Dr SOCCER! Where are you Maaaaaaannn?  Give me what i neeeeeds.......give me mo info fooo ughhh!

Sorry   Cheesy

Looking Forward to Houston Vs FC San Antonio
DrSoccer
Crocketteer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 12:45:10 PM »

Sorry about that. Things have been nuts for me in planning the Texas and Arizona Pro Soccer Festivals and work on details of bringing professional soccer to SA.

Some fun news to share. I make my trip to assist Peter Nowak and the Philly Union with new player assessments and selections in their 2nd Round tryouts. I will try to give some updates on both the MLS and NASL expansion pursuits for SA at the next Crocketteers meeting. Stay tuned.....
antnee7898

Vamos Naranja!!!

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 06:54:48 PM »

Sorry about that. Things have been nuts for me in planning the Texas and Arizona Pro Soccer Festivals and work on details of bringing professional soccer to SA.

Some fun news to share. I make my trip to assist Peter Nowak and the Philly Union with new player assessments and selections in their 2nd Round tryouts. I will try to give some updates on both the MLS and NASL expansion pursuits for SA at the next Crocketteers meeting. Stay tuned.....
Well as long as your not doing anything constructive  Grin. Kidding,  can't wait to hear, keep up the good work growing soccer in america.

Looking Forward to Houston Vs FC San Antonio
Aussie
Crocketteer

thewhitlamsrock@gmail.com chrisomni
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 11:06:27 PM »

Helping out those darn yankees?!

Actually, after looking at their draft choices, yea they need you man!

Central Coast Mariners - 2008-09 A-League Premiers
Australia - 1980, 1996, 2000, 2004 OFC Champions
Rangers FC - Scottish Champion 53 times, world's most successful club
DrSoccer
Crocketteer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009, 08:37:17 AM »

You guys are something else!  Love ya man! It's always tough in year one developing an inaugural squad, but I have all the confidence in the world that Peter Nowak & Co. will produce a winning team, if not an MLS Cup champion within a few years <praying>.

And BTW, it's these damn "Yankees" that know how to get stuck in and build successful franchises!  Wink
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 09:15:19 AM »

And BTW, it's these damn "Yankees" that know how to get stuck in and build successful franchises!  Wink

That's why we are counting on you in helping bring one to SA. Wink - With our help.... Smiley

Victory or Death
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: