Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kickaround anywhere  (Read 754 times)
Danilo-11
Crocketteer

View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 06, 2009, 02:48:57 PM »

How about a kickaround anywhere to attract soccer fans that can't afford to play in a league?

Eto'o: "Madrid, c......n, saluda al campeón"
DrSoccer
Crocketteer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 10:13:23 AM »

Great idea!  I think that has great value for those who cannot afford to play and get access to good facilities. I have some ideas on how we might do something like this as a major fundraiser for the soccer community.
DARK Chicharito
Crocketteer

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 01:06:40 PM »

I think this a good topic to discuss during the Feb meeting.

Dark Chicharito, Let the force be with you...and the Red Devils.
DrSoccer
Crocketteer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 12:53:38 PM »

Yes, I like that idea. This certainly has merit and I think we can get this organized but we will need to have it at a top-flight quality facility and partner with leaders and corporations in SA that care about the soccer community and raising money for good causes, especially the underprivileged. I think Gordon Hartman's new complex called S.T.A.R is a perfect venue. I have involvement right now with Hartman at multiple levels and if you could work on developing the idea and a proposal of how this could work, I could help you sell this and pitch Hartman with the goal of giving back to not only the soccer community, but the Crocketteers and his special-needs park, Morgan's Wonderland.

Also, here's another thought. My nonprofit charity, SAMYS, is looking for new and energetic board members and maybe this is something you can get involved with and we can collectively include programs like this to also help raise money for developing more soccer fields around SA. God knows we need about 4 more facilities like STAR around this region. I think these synergies could also help establish the Crocketteers are a true soccer advocate and an organization that cares about the grassroots and doesn't only have one self-interest, but advocates soccer in all areas, as does SAMYS.

Thoughts?

Anyone else have any ideas / comments?
Mike Macias
Crocketteers Founder
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 09:59:37 AM »

Danilo I am reposting my response about kickarounds from the main forum.... I really want this to aid in getting the Crocketteers name out there.

Like DrSoccer mentioned it can not only have a primary goal of growing our base but also gets the Crocketteers name out there in the name of growing soccer in the SA community.

Original response:
Concerning Kickarounds...
Does the Medical Center still have a strong pickup soccer presence. Whoever is willing like Danilo to go play and pass out cards to players, just needs to get cards from me.
I'll take that as a "It won't be discussed"

Danilo,

You can't be bothered by my response. I can't lead every effort. That's why I need idea makers to be leaders on that individual effort. Sure we can discuss your idea at the meeting but you need to tell us if you are going to lead that initiative.

I haven't see you take any initiative with it besides mention the idea here and there. It sounds like you want others to do it. 
DrSoccer has reached out to you to help firmly organize this.

Yes, I like that idea. This certainly has merit and I think we can get this organized but we will need to have it at a top-flight quality facility and partner with leaders and corporations in SA that care about the soccer community and raising money for good causes, especially the underprivileged. I think Gordon Hartman's new complex called S.T.A.R is a perfect venue. I have involvement right now with Hartman at multiple levels and if you could work on developing the idea and a proposal of how this could work, I could help you sell this and pitch Hartman with the goal of giving back to not only the soccer community, but the Crocketteers and his special-needs park, Morgan's Wonderland.

Also, here's another thought. My nonprofit charity, SAMYS, is looking for new and energetic board members and maybe this is something you can get involved with and we can collectively include programs like this to also help raise money for developing more soccer fields around SA. God knows we need about 4 more facilities like STAR around this region. I think these synergies could also help establish the Crocketteers are a true soccer advocate and an organization that cares about the grassroots and doesn't only have one self-interest, but advocates soccer in all areas, as does SAMYS.

But I haven't seen any response back to DrSoccer on your idea proposal.

I have firmly made it clear that whoever is pushing any good idea and yours is a good idea that they should lead that effort. I have never said otherwise. You can't expect others to follow your idea through if all you are going to do is keep bringing it up. People have backed your idea if you see your idea thread. But nothing has been followed through. So I'm trying to help you out by giving you permission to lead this effort.

Let me give you an example, my original idea was to have a Crocketteers recreational team. We are now in our second season and have about 8 new players. All these new players are now members of the supporters group including the original 19 players. After every game we pass out business cards
to the other team. We have in our member database a good number of people who joined us because they were contacted at the SASA league games because one of our members handed out a card to them.

My point is that I had an idea and I followed that idea through. And it is working to recruit new members. Now in our second season, I am no longer leading the team/project. I have put another player in charge of operating the team so that I can move on and focus on the supporters group and the next good idea.

Yours is just as great of an idea. We just need someone, preferably you, to follow it through.

If you want others besides yourself to own your idea and see it through then that will be much harder to achieve. Most of us more active members are already playing games every week on Sunday and as a side benefit we are recruiting members. I understand it is not a pickup game but we still meet new people every week. So the idea aids in gaining more members.

So don't take my response the wrong way. Your idea can tap into additional supporters... those who are not paying to play every week. I understand we are missing out on this sect of people. But like I asked who is going to lead this idea through to implementation?

We will talk about it in our meeting next week. We just need someone/some people to lead this and be the ones organizing kickarounds. Better yet go to already established kickarounds and join in.

Please realize that I am not against you. I am for you and every other member wanting the Crocketteers to take part in new & exciting things. I just call on those members to lead the efforts through.

If you can't lead this effort because of your schedule, we will try and find member(s) who can step up. WE shoudn't ignore your idea.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 10:57:02 AM by Mike Macias » Logged

Victory or Death
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

//wibiya